Tag Archives: custom template
Problem: After upgraded to MOSS 2007 and when you try to create a SubSite, you only see the Microsoft standard templates i.e. (Collaboration, Meetings, Enterprise and Publishing). How can you create a new subsite using your custom template from MOSS 2003?
1. Open a SubSite in MOSS 2007 which has already been upgraded.
2. Go to “Site Settings” of that sub site
3. Your URL should look like this:
4. Manually edit the URL
5. Save it on the server in the template gallery
Site Template Gallery URL (very useful):
6. Go and create a New Site, you should see your custom template:
7. Your new site should have the custom template.
Reference and Credit:
The SharePoint Farmer’s Almanac