Tag Archives: iPhone
Problem: For no reason, I couldn’t install anything from AppStore on my iPhone today, it popped up a new iTunes Terms & Conditions and when I clicked “OK”, it said “Cannot connect to the store – A secure connection could not be established. Please check Date & Time settings“. In fact, I accepted a new Terms & Conditions a month ago without problem, now WTF is this? Apple servers are currently down or am I the only one having this issue? I verified the date/time and even rebooted couple times, still no luck.
Analysis: Switching to my laptop, I downloaded and installed the latest iTunes from Apple. When I clicked “Sign In” or even “Create a new Account”, I got the same error message from my iPhone! That’s unbelievable. Interestingly, when I clicked “Forgot Password” button, it brought me to a SSL page. I noticed something strange, because Internet Explorer prompted me a security warning on expired certificate. Looking into details, all domain *.itunes.apple.com expired on 8/28/2009. (see picture below) What the hell? Someone should got fired by Apple on this, it must be someone installed the wrong certificate some time this week.
Workaround: Noticing the expiry problem, it started to make sense when the error message I got was related to “Date/Time Settings”. So, I changed my iPhone Date/Time manually to Aug 1, 2009 (Basically any date between 8/26/2008 to 8/28/2009 should be good) and it worked!!! Bingo! Fucking stupid mofo Apple pissed me off. I then read someone on the forums reporting this happened on PC, Mac, iPhone, and iPad. I hope Apple realized this and updated the stupid certificate, and Thanks for wasting my time for the whole morning.
“I Dig It Expeditions” or “I Dig It 2″ is a very addictive game, it is one of my favorite games on iPhone. Personally, I am not very good at games anymore as I am getting old. Well, I passed first few levels without problem, but I found that it was very time consuming when I was on “Amazon” level, so I decided to cheat. However, looking on the Internet I could only find cheats for “I Dig It version 1″, none for version 2. So, I decided to figure it out myself.
1. First you have to play “Expedition”, not “Free Games” because the instructions below are based on Expedition
2. You need to have a jailbroken phone with OpenSSH installed (root access)
1. Connect your iphone to WiFi as usual
2. Use WinSCP and connect to your iphone, login as root (password: alpine)
3. In /private/var/mobile/Applications/ look for “iDigIt2.app” it should be under GUID. If you remember the date when you installed, it will make your life easier.
4. Look under ../[32 digits GUID]/Documents/Profiles/004 (In my case it was 004, this is my personal profile)
5. Under 004, you can see several more folders “0301″, “0001″, “0200″, etc.. depending on which LEVEL you have finished playing. For me, “0001″ was Map 1, “0301″ was Map 2 (Antarcitca). “0200″ was Map 3 (Amazon).
6. Go into the existing level folder (in my case, it is 0200), you will see “Session.dat“, “Checkpoint.dat“.
- Checkpoint is the last game you saved, if you die you start from checkpoint.
- Session is the last session you played, it remembers where you left off.
7. All we do is to modify “Session.dat”, open it up in NotePad (see screenshots)
8. I am only interested in money, you can buy and upgrade everything. Search for “money”: 270, changed it to 20000000 (Not “totalmoney”, it’s “money”)
9. Upload the file to iPhone, replacing original one
10. This is a VERY important step, Change Owner from “root” to “mobile”, with proper permission 644
11. Done! See last screenshot, now I got $20000000!! Yeah.
Notes: In case you screw up the session.dat, you can always copy “checkpoint.dat” and replace “session.dat” (or vice version).
Amazon level – Missing Professor Walkthrough
Although I got the money cheat working, it doesn’t mean I won’t get stuck on this game. The “Missing Professor” on Amazon level drove me crazy for almost a week, finally I located him at the bottom-left of the map at 1890 feet. You have to enter a path located at 1990 feet, however there is a stone blocking your way in, so you’ve to use the 3×3 dynamite to clear it. Then you will see a big ass giant Ant guarding the professor (The story line doesn’t make sense but who cares, it’s a fun game to play). That particular stone which blocks the entrance looks like the regular stone with no obvious crack on it, and I guess many of you wouldn’t even try to use dynamite on it in the first place. I think the designer/developer of the game intented to do it this way and make the game bit more difficult.